Monday, July 11, 2011

I love a pedicure

I love to get a pedicure. I like the way it looks, and I like the way my feet feel afterward.

But even a discount pedicure at the salon is a luxury when you're on a tight budget. So, why not give yourself a pedicure at home?

If you are like me, you have some pedicure supplies that you've accumulated over the years. I looked in my closet, and found cuticle remover, some nippers, toenail clipper, emery board, nail polish, and top coat -- everything I needed to do this at home.

In the shower, I always have a foot file so I can keep up the good work of a pedicure by keeping the dry skin away.

Before I took my shower, I put the cuticle remover on around the edges of my nails. That's what the instructions said to do.

I remembered to use the foot file and a scrub when I washed my feet. It was amazing that the cuticle remover cream took off all the dry edges around my nails. I didn't even need to use the nippers later, 'cause it did such a good job.

Then, I trimmed and filed the nails, painted them (two coats of polish), and finished with a top coat. Once the polish was completely dry, I used a lotion that smells good to moisturize my feet.

My feet looked and felt great.

That's how I saved at least $25 this weekend on a pedicure!

2 comments:

  1. Remember when you were young, and you could bite off your toe nails. Just think of the money you saved all of them years. And, don't forget, you have one of them foot bucket things for soaking and massaging them tootsies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete